EDUCATION SUPPORT AWARD APPLICATIONS
In 2017, the Foundation will offer five Education Support Awards of up
to $5000 each to assist low-income women with children who are pursuing
education or training.
Awardees will be selected based on 1) financial need; 2) personal circumstance; 3) educational path; 4) vocational or occupational goals; and 5) service or activist or civic goals.
Education Support Awards are disbursed in two separate installments over the academic year (one each semseter), and may be used for direct school expenses or for living expenses while you are enrolled in an educational program. Awardees will be notified by phone or email in late October.. Shortly after recipient notification, the list of awardees will be posted on this site. (Please note: The Foundation will contact awardees only. We are not able to contact each applicant about the status of her application.)
- must be a woman, at least 17 years of age
- must be a mother, with minor children
- must be pursuing a vocational degree/certificate; or an associate's degree; or a first bachelor's degree; or a professional/master's/doctoral degree..
- must be enrolled in a not-for-profit, accredited institution or program during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- must be low-income (annual family income less than $20,000 for a family of 2; less than $24,000 for a family of 3; less than $28,000 for a family of 4)
The 2016 application period has closed. Please check back in April for 2017 application information.